Another week done, time for another weekly report
Last Week’s TODO
- Improve upon the Clean theme: DONE
- Focus on integration with Cloud Sync Server:WIP
- Add some more themes: ND (As my mentor, Al Sutton suggested, I should focus on the integration. I’ll add the bells and whistles later :))
- Fix integration issues with OI Server: *DONE *(Not completely done though, the authentication still remains and I’m discussing this with Stanley)
This week, I started off by fixing theClean theme which is a white version of the default ICS like theme. There were quite a bit of CSS bugs and colorscheme issues so I took care of that first.
Next up, I fixed some integration issues with OI Server. Mainly, I had to fix the login page where I asked for the username and password but the server only wanted a password. So, I removed the username field. After fixing some more issues I decided to upload an APK up for testing which can be found here. Also, I fixed a bug in OI Server where in Ice Cream Sandwich the server app displayed an IPv6 address instead on an IPv4. I changed the implementation of getting the device’s IP address in OI Server and sent a pull request to Stanley. Although we need to discuss on this a bit.
This week, I managed to serve the web interface from the App Engine which was easy as pie but it took me a while to get it going since I didn’t have any previous App Engine development experience so it took quite a bit of reading to accomplish that. Also, I managed to develop a REST implementation which is still in a very early stage for the Cloudsync app engine project. I’ll be focusing on this implementation this week.
So, that’s that. No screenshots this time since there are no major changes to ‘show off’
Also, the online demo of the interface is a bit out of date with the current development version. I’ll have to update that
Stanley sent me a couple of bug reports for bugs he found in the interface. So, I’ll be fixing them at the earliest.
Next Week’s TODO
- Fix bugs in the interface
- Get a REST interface up and running in App Engine for CloudSync
Some more stuff that I can’t think of now